Northwestern or NYU

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Northwestern or NYU
By Sbsurfer22 (Sbsurfer22) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 06:06 pm: Edit

I'm having some trouble trying to decide between the two schools. One day I'll be for NU and the other NYU...any guidance in this decision would be helpful. I plan on studying communications and going into advertising or public relations as a career. I'm from southern california so I'll be in for a weather shock either way. Thanks in advance.

By Eskimo (Eskimo) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

I'm having a similar internal dialog, although for me its NYU v. Wisc.
NYU's internship program provides great opportunities for contacts etc. v. Big 10 campus.
If you're interested in advertising - Madison Ave. is a 10 minute subway ride away.
Cost of both will hurt-
NYU is more diverse-I heard that at the last NYU grad. students were from over 140 diff. countries.
Either way you can't go wrong.

By Sbsurfer22 (Sbsurfer22) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

yea, i went to me college counseler for advice and she was like "you'll be fine at either." haha i was like "thanks for the guidance."

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 04:15 pm: Edit

Do you want the amenities of a college campus? Or do you want to integrate into a big city, one of the biggest cities? That really is what the big difference between NYU and schools like NW and UWisc.

Unless you want that city experience and don't care about the more "standard" US style amusement park undergrad experience that a college campus offers, a school with a campus, students in dorms and all of the rah rah stuff is the safer bet. NW has an excellent communications department and so does NYU. It really is a "how you feel" thing.

By Bluestar86 (Bluestar86) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 04:16 pm: Edit

both have great comm. programs....both chicago and nyc are great for advertising...

go with wherever you feel more comfortable.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page