UCI Vs UCSD Vs UCLA Political Science

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: UCI Vs UCSD Vs UCLA Political Science
By Mocksimus (Mocksimus) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 03:14 pm: Edit

I am a junior transfer student from california community college. I was wondering which school has the most prestigous political science program. I have been told that UCSD is a top 5 program and was wondering if it is this well respected. I hope to go to law school in fall 06 and work behind the scenes in politics, so any information regarding which school with a degree in poltical science will look good on my resume is appreciated.

By Mocksimus (Mocksimus) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 11:53 pm: Edit

bump

By Rana (Rana) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:44 am: Edit

In just about everything, including PoliSci, UCLA has the better academic rep. It also has the best overall campus life of the three campuses you mentioned. If the choice is between those three schools, UCLA is the best regarded program. That said, UCSD is really gaining a good reputation for its academics. PoliSci will be really strong there and campus life, while not as dynamic as UCLA's, will still be more interesting than UCI. UCI has solid academic programs, but the school has very little campus life to speak of. It is almost entirely a commuter school and I think the place suffers for it. But if money and location make UCI your only option, it is better to go there than Cal State LB or Fullerton. Where are you a transfer student from? Have you already been accepted to these three schools or are these what you think are your best options for the future?

By Mocksimus (Mocksimus) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 02:01 pm: Edit

I am in at UCSD , UCI I was given prelimanry admissions as a transfer(waitin for final notice) and UCLA I am waiting.

By Mocksimus (Mocksimus) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 02:41 pm: Edit

BTW I am a transfer student from Orange County California. I dont have any money issues so moving to any of these campuses is not a problem. My concern is prestige (both individual program and campus wide)and social life. I would however prefer to live alone and can afford 1k a month rent which I dont know cuts it in westwood ( I know I can gethousing by uci/ucsd for that price)

PS: Thanks for the help I will be visiting UCLA if I am accepted so that should also answer some questions for me.

By Rana (Rana) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 03:07 pm: Edit

Best of luck and congrats on getting into UCSD; getting into UCSD is esp an accomplishment because it is so highly regarded and is so popular, but this year it was also tough because of all the budget cuts and admit freezes. Good luck on UCLA, and congrats again on UCSD, it really is a great place to wind up!

By Sdsurf69 (Sdsurf69) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

UCLA is best for academics and social life

By Imd (Imd) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:02 pm: Edit

For poli sci, I would say LA, even if it just for the student activism experience.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page