UIUC or Madison???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: UIUC or Madison???
By Spunknic347 (Spunknic347) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

I just wanted to know which one everyone thinks is a better overall school and why. Also, which one is harder to get into?

EDIT Is it true that UIUC doesn't include a space for EC's?
Do they not care about them???

By Drusba (Drusba) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 05:20 pm: Edit

Depending on program, UIUC tends to be harder to get into (for example, its 25% to 75% range for its engineering college is top 9% to 2% class rank and 29 to 34 ACT, but its agricultural program is very easy to get into). Both are outstanding colleges that present similar experiences -- midwest large Big 10 universities, lots of winter, generally moderate to conservative views, heavy on frats and sororities. Madison and the general Wisconsin landscape around it is prettier than Urbana-Champaign area; both have very impressive campuses. Being biased and from Illinois, I will place Illinois on top but now you are just in the range of personal opinion and I can think nothing bad to say about Wisconsin.

By Sanfranstudent (Sanfranstudent) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

Go Wisconisn-I am. lol. I think Madison is a much more open place, and a more well rounded school. The town of Madison is one of the best college towns in America. While i dont even know what is a round Urbana-Champagn?! Madison is ranked higher than Illionis, but Illionis is better for engineering. I think Madison offers a more complete college experience. Just my opinion. Both are 2 of the countries finest schools, cant go wrong!(But Madison is better, lol)

By Barrons (Barrons) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 05:27 pm: Edit

Outside of engineering UW is better and the overall admissions stats are nearly the same which means that the non-engineering UI kids are not quite up to the average UW student. If you think UW is moderate to conservative--that's just flat wrong. It is one of the most liberal schools around. UW is not heavy on frats either--that is UI.

By Sanfranstudent (Sanfranstudent) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 01:06 am: Edit

thats why i love Madsions! Progressives in the Heartland! cant wait to be there in the fall during the elections, i am expecting great things. Plus a great school academically and socially. so happy

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page