Taking on debt vs. USC?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Taking on debt vs. USC?
By Erinh (Erinh) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 03:57 pm: Edit

Hi everyone...Here are the schools I have been accepted to, in the order I want to attend them. Next to each, I put the amount of debt I will have when I graduate...

Dartmouth........$85,000
Cornell..........$80,000
William&Mary.....$40,000
U of Rochester...$30,000
Occidental.......$30,000
USC..............No Debt

I would like at attend grad/law school, which is a factor in how much debt I should take on now, because I will need to pay for that too. I plan to major in political science and have a politically related job. SO...what should I do??? I'm having a very difficult time making a decision about this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

By Iluvtoshop (Iluvtoshop) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

I do not think the debt is worth it at all. From what i have heard on this board, USC is a very good school. Grad/law school is not cheap, it would be best to go into these situations without worrying to have to pay off a loan. If you will have 85 grand of debt to pay off just from undergraduate i can't imagine how much you will have to pay off after grad/law school. It is not worth it. Good luck with wherever you decide to go.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page