LSE or McGill?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: LSE or McGill?
By Riccochet (Riccochet) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 01:35 am: Edit

Sleepless nights.LSE(econ major) or McGill (engineering major)? I love economics and I know I'll get to love engineering as well.I'm aware of the fact that the campus of London School of Economics is pretty cramped compared to that of McGill's, and I'll enjoy greater freedom and have more things to do in McGill. But is that worth forgoing the brand image people associate with LSE?

By Farhan (Farhan) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 04:45 am: Edit

Whoa! So, here's someone who heard from LSE finally. LSE is certainly a more well-recognised school; very tough get in. What you want to study solely is your choice but don't forget you will be able to change your major if you are at Mcgill and not so at LSE.

By Pallavi (Pallavi) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 10:34 am: Edit

Go for LSe . there is no doubt abt it being best for eco . and Brand name does matter .
U wont regret it unless u r form canada it self and dont wanna move to england .

By Shanbangs (Shanbangs) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 11:39 am: Edit

Well... McGill and LSE are both world renowned schools, and McGill seems to be much cheaper and a better buy. I think in general one would be happier at mcgill due to its atmosphere, and there's no telling what will happen. I doubt that graduating from McGill actually looks worse than graduating from a lower ivy, such as dartmouth, cornell, brown, and UPENN.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page