Has anyone heard about Imperial College, London?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Has anyone heard about Imperial College, London?
By Monika21 (Monika21) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 04:55 am: Edit

Have anyone heard about Imperial College (London)? It's quite well known in the UK, but i'm wondering about its reputation in the states. If you have, what do you know about it? Thanks a lot :)

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 05:00 am: Edit

Yeh!!! it's comes in straight after Oxbridge in the League Tables.

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/

By Frenchie (Frenchie) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 06:13 am: Edit

My friend is going to study there next year. He tells me there is somesory of partnership with MIT where you can do a semster there.

By Upandover (Upandover) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 07:38 am: Edit

Yup! It's quite straightforward in getting in.. just get the grades.

By Monika21 (Monika21) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 01:09 am: Edit

actually, i got in already for their physics program.. but i need to decide between harvey mudd college, cmu, and imperial. does anyone know how imperial compares to schools in the states? :)

By Imperator (Imperator) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 01:29 am: Edit

go imperial: most def

By Imperator (Imperator) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 03:10 am: Edit

it's better regarded everywhere (3rd in UK, not low @ all in International Ranking) and UK schools in general are good bcoz they are 'specific'. plus, they add to your 'diversity'.

Go Imperial, it's in London too, ;)

By Monika21 (Monika21) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 03:16 am: Edit

thanks a lot, Imperator :)

I also see another thread comparing harvey mudd and princeton, though. it seems that hmc is not bad either, although imperial seems to have more international rep. plus, i'll have an MSci degree there in 4 years... (as opposed to a BSc one)

By Pallavi (Pallavi) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 10:26 am: Edit

go for Imperial . Its agreat place for science courses .
Dont think twice.
good luck .

By Lauraanne (Lauraanne) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 08:32 pm: Edit

It's great for sciences but the social life isn't great - it's very easy to get lost in the crowd and London isn't necessarily "forgiving" either.
If you're ready to work hard and play hard (and study science) you probably won't find a better place, but a friend of mine who went there found it really tough for the first year because she wasn't terribly outgoing and had a hard time fitting into the social scene.
Also, some of the residences are *terrible* but I think they were scheduled to be renovated...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page