Princeton vs. Yale vs. Johns Hopkins

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Princeton vs. Yale vs. Johns Hopkins
By Chillpill (Chillpill) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 09:31 pm: Edit

Where should I go? Got into BME JHU, which is what i wanna do...but the other two are way more well rounded...and i may or may not change my mind about the BME...ne insights appreciated.

By Brownalum (Brownalum) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 10:47 pm: Edit

Yale and Princeton have excellent BME.

And besides, the best biomedical engineers (I know several of them personally) usually studied EE or physics with bachelor's and master's degrees first, and went on to BME with phd's later.

By Bigblue04 (Bigblue04) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 10:55 pm: Edit

Go with the well rounded education. You'll have your entire life to decide about BME- and if you do change your mind, you'll have other options.

By Haithman (Haithman) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 12:36 am: Edit

Yale because I plegde allegiance to Yale.

By Chillpill (Chillpill) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 10:31 am: Edit

thx guys... ok so now Yale v. Princeton...what do u think...
btw...princeton gave 7k more in FA

By Brownalum (Brownalum) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 12:14 pm: Edit

Yale may match that FA if you ask.

Both are incredible, but Yale has the huge advantage of having an enormous medical complex just a few blocks campus... which invented the artificial heart, the ICU, etc and has literally thousands of people working in medical research, so its definitely a top place for BME. Dozens of biotechnology companies are opening headquarters around Yale Med, too.

Yale is ranked slightly higher in engineering research quality. http://www.sciencewatch.com/nov-dec2002/sw_nov-dec2002_page2.htm#Engineering

But again, what I said before about biomedical engineers - that the best begin with preparation in other fields - is largely true. So you should probably go where you feel happiest.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page