Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
By Takanawajoe (Takanawajoe) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 06:01 pm: Edit

Got a big surprise today with the Leadership award from RPI. $19,000 per year for 4 years with no minumum GPA!!!

Tell me what is good, bad with RPI, please. Also, can I approach Rochester and ask them to match the money? If so, how and what is best strategy.

Thanks.

By Nhfrenchie (Nhfrenchie) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 07:53 am: Edit

Yes, they can be generous! Congratulations!

You can try to leverage your RPI offer. You have nothing to lose. You should only do this if you really prefer to go to UofR over RPI.

Good luck!

By Takanawajoe (Takanawajoe) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 07:32 pm: Edit

How do you go about getting a school to match or give more merit money? What is the best strategy? Phone call? Fax a letter? email?

And who do you approach? Admissions? Financial Aid? Can (will?!?) my high school GC get involved?

Thanks to anyone for advice.

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 08:32 pm: Edit

the only thing i no about asking a school to match funds is that Carnegie Mellon sent me a form that told me to fax or mail my offers from others schools along with a statement stating why i want the money. They didnt want to hear about offers from public schools. um, thats about it, i dont think it would hurt to ask for more money.

By Poiz0n (Poiz0n) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 07:08 pm: Edit

I also wish to call RPI and ask, but do not know how to approach. Guess we are faced in the same situation

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page