UCLA vs. UCB vs. UCD

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: UCLA vs. UCB vs. UCD
By Kayteefc (Kayteefc) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

I have narrowed down my college selection to these three schools, but I can't decide where to go! My major is biomedical engineering or bioengineering. I was accepted to UCLA, but because the bioengineering major is new and very small, I was accepted to the bioengineering option of the chemical engineering major instead. At Berkeley, I was accepted to bioengineering, but in the semester that starts in January, which would mean that I would have to try to get a place in a fall program with limited space and housing during the fall if I decided to go there. I was accepted to the biomedical engineering major at UCD and was offered the Regent's Scholarship, but I know that Berkeley and LA have much better reputations, and many people have told me that I would be crazy to choose Davis over the other two. There is also the issue of distance. I live in northern California, and UCB and UCD are fairly close, while UCLA is about six or seven hours away driving.

There are many pros and cons to each school, so if you have any knowledge of any of these schools or opinions on where you think I should go, please let me know! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! =)

By Kayteefc (Kayteefc) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 12:37 am: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page