Gatech vs chicago vs cornell

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Gatech vs chicago vs cornell
By Phlee86 (Phlee86) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 03:08 pm: Edit

I was wondering which of the three (Cornell, Georgia Tech, University of Chicago) would be best for an overall science education. I know tech is best at engineering and chicago at tradtitional sciences, but I want to be left with choices at a school, so which one do you think is best?

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 04:23 pm: Edit

i dont' think chicago has an engineering program. Chicago is good because it is in the city. It has a med school in its proximity and the schools irelatively small compared to cornell. i have to make a smilar decision to cornell and chicago. I don't know so i'l haveot visit and research more

By Humbleservant (Humbleservant) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 04:43 pm: Edit

Gatech isn't the same caliber as the other two. Between the two, I think cornell has a better reputation (overall) internationally. Plus Ivy status. Chicago is good as well, if you don't mind studying in a downtown.

By Theuofcgirl (Theuofcgirl) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 06:01 pm: Edit

Chicago doesn't have an engineering program at all. Still, the science programs are strong. The Med School is on campus, as is a huge, well respected hospital where there are plenty, plenty of jobs available. Plus, there's the city of Chicago, but Chicago is not downtown, it's just a bit removed from the city.

I don't know anything about Cornell sciences, although I'm sure they're good. Cornell, for me, was not the place to be. Ithaca was gorgeous but it was in the middle of nowhere and that wasn't something I could deal with..

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page