Duke v. Dartmouth v. WM v. UVA v. UMD Full Ride

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Duke v. Dartmouth v. WM v. UVA v. UMD Full Ride
By 4grl (4grl) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 10:05 am: Edit

Unsure of a major... Which one do you think is best? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

By 4grl (4grl) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 09:27 pm: Edit

bump :)

By Gameguy56 (Gameguy56) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

Duke Best for Bio, Premed, and the sciences
UVA for Liberal Arts
W&M For a LAC-like atmosphere
Dartmouth for Ivy cachet
and UMD for free

If you have finacial concerns, than UMD, its a good school and you'd graduate with no debt and go to a good grad school.

If you're a sports fan, then Duke can't be beat. Their Girls and Guys Basketball Teams are always great and fun to watch.

If you want a small LAC like atmosphere, than I think Dartmouth and W&M are similar in that respect, both are very small.

UVA is a big school, but in every way just as academically fulfulling as the others. It really depends what you are looking for.

By Phazed52 (Phazed52) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 12:26 pm: Edit

I disagree bout the sports fan

Maryland is no 1. in lacrosse, their basketball and football teams are superb in ranking

Duke's only good at basketball..football team sux

If you want overall sports satisfaction, I'd say Maryland is the better sports skool where you could support them vigrously

By 4grl (4grl) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 07:29 pm: Edit

Thanks for your help! Anything else?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page