Tufts vs. Georgetown??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Tufts vs. Georgetown??
By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 07:16 pm: Edit

Can someone try to help me out? I've visited both Tufts and Georgetown and I adore each of them. I'm very interested in political science and international relations which they're both known for. The problem is, I think they might be reach schools for me. I got the impression that applying ED at Tufts makes a difference (not at Georgetown) so I'm considering doing that just to better my chances slightly, however if Tufts gets a 9.8 out of 10 on the rating scale, Georgetown gets a 9.9. Should I apply to Tufts ED and forget about Georgetown? Or should I chance it and apply to Georgetown ED or both of them regular decision? Thanks for any advice!

By Laurenh87 (Laurenh87) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 12:03 pm: Edit

bump

Anyone?

By Horseman (Horseman) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 03:53 pm: Edit

Gerogetown has EA, not ed meaning its not binding. I believe you want to study international relations. If I were you, I would visit Tufts and see wat it is like. Its a great school, and the studnet environment is amazing! Boston is great, and I know an international student there, she says the workload sometimes get heavy, but she loves it there. Georgetown is a great school, DC is great, but take the fact that its Jesuit! If you apply next year, you can apply to one ed and the other ea. Best of luck, next year!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page