Cornell or UChicago for Biology (Interested in Medicine)?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Cornell or UChicago for Biology (Interested in Medicine)?
By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 04:06 pm: Edit

I need to make a choice. Post some stats and give me your opinion

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 03:15 pm: Edit

bump

By Horseman (Horseman) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 03:42 pm: Edit

If it were up to me, I would choose Chicago.
1) Pre-Med anywhere is competetive, but did u ever see Cornell pre-meds (ooouch). Their are rumours that they ripped others notes to get an advantage in grade. Chicago has no rumours like that, but note to you, pre-medicine in competive everywhere, and you need a location where people work together, not kill each other-> I though Chicago students did that when I visited.
2) Location....Medical Experience..... Chicago has about 5 med schools. Ithaca has none. BTW, Cornell Medi school is in NYC if you are interested. If you want to volunteer or have research experience, Chicago is your best bet.
3) Chicago offers a much varied educationm then Cornell, what medical schools look for. Plus classes are smaller, Cornell I believe has one of the biggest pre-med programs in the country. Pre-med you need alot of attention from professors, Chicago professors are overall there for you better than Cornell professors.
4) If you are looking for a party life as a pre-med forget it! Anywhere you go, you have to study your ass of... Both schools have excellent percentage f pre-meds who go to American Med schools. Best of luck!

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 04:25 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page