Accepted to more than expected. What to do?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Accepted to more than expected. What to do?!
By Sauronone (Sauronone) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit

Hey. I was accepted to:

WHARTON at UPENN
AMHERST
DUKE
BERKELEY
UCHICAGO
UCLA
Stern at NYU
RUTGERS (cheap)

and waitlisted at:
WILLIAMS
COLUMBIA

Rejected at:
STANFORD
SWARTHMORE

I'm not sure what I want to major in (business if at Wharton or Stern). What would you recommend? I like pretty much any balanced environment and plan on swimming in college.

What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Anthony

By Mstee (Mstee) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 07:59 pm: Edit

Check which ones have swim teams. I don't think UCLA does. . . And, oh yes, CONGRATULATIONS!

By Mominva (Mominva) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

Congratulations, Anthony!
Have you been in contact with any of the coaches at the accepted schools? Did any have you on their admission list? If not, now is the time to contact coaches and see how your times compare to the team's at each of your schools?
Also check out the campus recreation webpages to see if any of your schools have club swim teams (if you haven't been recruited &/or your times don't get you a spot on the varsity team).
What wonderful options you have.

By Sauronone (Sauronone) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit

I'm a recruit for Amherst, UChicago and NYU. Coaches at UPENN and Duke say they'd love to have me swim for them. Haven't talked to the coach at Berkeley yet -- on my to do list :). UCLA = no team; Rutgers, I'd make it.

By Whatnext (Whatnext) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

Sauronone

What major/minor did you apply for at all these schools? And can you please post your stats?

By Sauronone (Sauronone) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 11:07 pm: Edit

For the most part, I applied as undecided. (A few declared, but I don't remember which).

My stats are:
1490, 800, 720, 640
7/271, 4.2 W GPA
county champ in 100/200 freestyles
school records in 100/200 freestyles
club & varsity swimmer
own and run 2 businesses
good employment record for site design firm
web site designer with portfolio
pianist
some other stuff (boys state, nhs, ap scholar, etc.)
good essays & recs

Oh, and a funny story about the UC's -- I wrote a pretty crude essay about urination and told them I was, literally, a "greedy bastard." Needless to say, I got in. Haha :).

By Priscillama (Priscillama) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 05:46 pm: Edit

I'd say go for wharton at u penn. Everyone knows the reputation and it's a great school with a lot of facilities(cousin went there)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page