Umich, CWRU, Uflorida, RPI... Clueless =(

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Umich, CWRU, Uflorida, RPI... Clueless =(
By D3aj (D3aj) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 02:48 am: Edit

I got admitted into Engineering program in the following schools: umichigan (ann arbor), case western reserve uni. (cleveland OH), uni. of florida (gainesville), and rensselaer poly. institute (troy, ny).. and I have no idea which one to choose. I know that umichigan has the strongest program, but which one of the schools is the best, campus/area wise.... I don't want facts, just opinions :) thank you...

By Flyguy (Flyguy) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 01:38 pm: Edit

Florida

By Bookiemom (Bookiemom) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 01:59 pm: Edit

I think you would really like Michigan--Go Blue! I went there for graduate school and Ann Arbor is just a great place to be a student. So much to do there, nice campus, nice dorms, and large enough that you can have friends and activities in different areas outside your major. If you have any interest in football at all, attending games there is awesome!

I loved my time there and I wish I could go back to campus and visit more often.

By Ceo1093 (Ceo1093) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 03:39 pm: Edit

UF - beach, beach beach
UMICH - snow snow snow

By Julz85 (Julz85) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 04:25 pm: Edit

There is no beach near UF. The school is practically in the middle of nowhere. You would have to drive at least an hour or two to reach the coast. UF is also a HUGE school. Gainesville doesn't have much going on besides bars and parties. Outside of the college, it's very rural.

UF is truly a party school. I have several friends who go there, and some of them wake up in the morning and start drinking. Yes, the school is becoming more competitive and well known, but is very focused on sports and partying.

I would say go for Michigan. It's such a great college town, and, in my opinion, offers a better education than UF.

By Cpny123 (Cpny123) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 04:38 pm: Edit

LOL if u kno that UMich is the best program and ur worried about campus/area, why would you ever think about RPI, obiviously u havent visited it. Troy, NY is an abyssmal pit like most of Up-F**king state new york.You WILL be disappointed with the surrounding area if u come to RPI, people go there for the academics def not the area lol, RUN to Ann Arbor for a world class, prestigious education...or UFLordia if u want nice weather and hot grls lol.

By D3aj (D3aj) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 07:21 pm: Edit

I've heard comments abt rpi, umich, and uflorida. But what about case western r. uni. ? (Also thank you for the previous posts)

By Subtrunks (Subtrunks) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 11:51 pm: Edit

What ppl have said about UF is true. It is trying to raise its standing and the education is great. Fact is though it is a couple of hours AWAY FROM THE BEACH AND IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.(sorry for the caps)If I where you I woudl get my winter gear ready and run to UMICH.

By Creamer515 (Creamer515) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 01:20 am: Edit

I'd advise not going to case, just because I'm from Cleveland and most the people I know at Case are pretty unhappy...

By Chitownsfnst3 (Chitownsfnst3) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Michigan! the engineering school is prestigious and is very reputable (along w/basically every other program @ U of M) and ann arbor - great college town. great atmosphere @ u-mich, tons to do, school spirit, you'll get a superior education and if you do well there it will benefit you greatly when it's time to get a job.

go blue.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page