Interesting Single Young Male seeking college to share 4 yea

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: March 2004 Archive: Interesting Single Young Male seeking college to share 4 yea
By Thekev (Thekev) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 10:28 pm: Edit

Be brutal, i can take it.
Stats:Junior, Catholic School in Oklahoma
ACT(1st time):29 (35 in English)
GPA Weighted(5 for honors/AP): 3.55
Upward Trend from 3.25 Freshman year to a 4.25 last quarter.
Class not ranked.
Diagnosed with learning disablility but probably cannot get extra time. Not really gotten any accomodations and have overcome or in the process of overcoming any obstacles that provides.
Had grade and testing affecting health problems.
Taken all honors/AP curriculum where offered except for in math. Taking AP Spanish and US, might take government test.

Also, served as an officer in several clubs, including Key Club President as a sophomore member of many others. Worked in politics on national level. Essays are a strong suit.
Played JV tennis and am MVP on 4th in state 4A Academic Bowl team.
I helped facilitate a regional conference on urban renewal for youth.
I was also Treasurer (Junior year) and Vice President(Sophomore year) of the school's politics club and Freshman Student Council Representative.
I have a Degree of Excellence from the national forensic league even though I only have debated part-time. I've qualified for Regional Competition in three events.
Also I am on the mayor's youth council and was a Precinct chairman at 14 for a congressional campaign in which we went from 3% to winning it after facing the sitting governor's non-controversial wife in the primary and a popular newscaster in the general.

Also could y'all give me other suggestions of schools please? Thankya.

By Pattykk (Pattykk) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

You sound like a charmer. What do you want to study? Do you want to stay close to home? What size school would you like? Is financial aid an issue? You should start getting lots of suggestions if you provide that additional info.

By Thekev (Thekev) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 10:52 pm: Edit

Thanks Patty, here ya are:
Size:1200-15,000
Fin Aid: I plan on seeing what i'm offered (if im offered)

By Augi7 (Augi7) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

b4 i can tell you anything i need your scholastic interests. do you like math science? wats ur major?

By Pattykk (Pattykk) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 09:28 am: Edit

How about Whitman College in Washington? They are big in debate and have good support services, if you decide you want them. They have a neat and not-too-expensive debate camp this summer. Might be a way to check them out. Do you want a Catholic education? Loyola College in Maryland is a nice school. Also Xavier University in Cincinnati. Good luck!

By Pattykk (Pattykk) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 09:54 am: Edit

Also check out Kenyon College in Ohio and Knox in Illinois.

By Collegeparent (Collegeparent) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 10:10 am: Edit

Denison in Ohio, Furman and Clemson in SC.

By Thekev (Thekev) on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 11:20 pm: Edit

I want to go econ or poli sci. Like North East and South East.

By Collegeparent (Collegeparent) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 12:23 am: Edit

Check out two threads in this forum that deal with undergrad econ and poly sci schools. Make a list from there.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page