UCSD vs. UW-Madison

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: March 2004 Archive: UCSD vs. UW-Madison
By L0serchild99 (L0serchild99) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:50 pm: Edit

I really like both schools, and I can't just pick ONE...and i highly doubt i'm going to be able to visit before May 1st...

I'm an "undeclared" "undecided" major

and Asian

Which school would you go to, and why? (i sound like some essay question or something..)

thhanks!

By Blade409usa (Blade409usa) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 11:37 pm: Edit

I'm asian/Native American/polish and I live in Wisconsin. I have applied and got accepted to Madison. If diversity is an issue...Madison is diverse, but no where as near diverse as San Diego would be. Being what I am and living in Wisconsin, my white friends call me an apple - red on the outside by white on the inside, so I don't get much discrimination.

Madison is one of the best public universities in the country. It can, however, be a little pricey for out of staters. Even in-staters can fork over as much as $14,000 after room and board.

My first hand experiences, however, have offered me no reason to hate it. The city of Madison is amazing for its size, the campus is full of activities and right in Downtown, the dorms are liveable, and the education is decent.

The only thing that would keep me from going to Madison is an acceptance from a better school (Princeton, Harvard, Yale). But I also applied to Georgetown and I might even consider Madison over Georgetown.

By Pimpmike (Pimpmike) on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 07:43 pm: Edit

UCSD has lots of asians, including white washed ones as me. But if you like white chicks, go to UW. But hell, you can always hook up with hot SDSU sluts anyways.

By L0serchild99 (L0serchild99) on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:01 pm: Edit

um, how are the guys? lol

asian guys in wisconsin are...i don't want to say this, but fobbish, from what i hear, since they're basically all international (a lot of them are international...not all)

By Daisy101 (Daisy101) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

L0serchild99, go to Madison!! I'm going to visit the school next week. I went last year and I though it was amazing-a bit nippy- but otherwise beautiful. Hey.. you wrote on my message board didn't you?? UIUC v. Madison. Yeah well- anyways I think Madison is a very good school. I haven't heard any thing negative about it yet and most people who went there never wanted to leave. I don't know if thats a good thing or not? lol. The only thing is that most of my friends are going to UIUC :( Ok I'll stop blabbing~ lol

By L0serchild99 (L0serchild99) on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 05:33 pm: Edit

Argh...I want to go to both. I'm serious...I can't decide. Both have lots of positives, and negatives (some). But I was thinking...where I go will have somewhat of an impact as to where I'm going to live after college. And I want to live on the east/west coasts.

Okay, add another factor. I got into the L&S Honors Program at Wisconsin, and...i hear it's like the Ivy-schools' stuff. And i heard that to get into the honors program at UCSD, you need a 700V/700M on your SATs.

both are great schools...and this is really annoying me. one day, i'm thinking, "i'm gonna go to madison." next day, "I'm definitely going to san diego." and so on.

i wish i was rejected from one, so then i'd have to go to the other. i hate choosing. and this is an important decision! my guidance counselor didn't help...my mom said go to san diego b/c of the opportunities, and how life is there (sorry about this, but stereotypically speaking, which is bad, some of the states in the middle are not introverted per se, but not really in with the bustling and everything of life...it's more relaxed maybe...well, country-like...rural - though i know madison isn't rural)...

and i'm rambling

By Daisy101 (Daisy101) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 10:44 am: Edit

well~I'm sure you'll be happy at whatever school you choose. But... If you go to Madison post it here!! I can understand how the midwest seems - well boring, but being raised here there are many opportunities. Especially living near the city.

Good Luck :)

By Fonzie (Fonzie) on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 10:57 am: Edit

Madison is sweet. If you are thinking cows and farms, that is what you'll find 50 miles outside of Madison (or the majority of big cities) but you Madison is a STATE CAPITOL!

Visit.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page