Rexxon's first post - choosing a major.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: March 2004 Archive: Rexxon's first post - choosing a major.
By Rexxon (Rexxon) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 10:12 am: Edit

I am new to this board and have a question. I have my mind set on studying some sort of business for undergrad and grad school (please don't critizice such a decision). I am seriously considering Marketing, Management, and Entrepreneurship and would simply like to know which two to pick and when to do each.

By Rexxon (Rexxon) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 12:35 pm: Edit

Rexxon gets no loving...

By Anxious_Mom (Anxious_Mom) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:10 pm: Edit

Hi, Rexxon.

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Please expand. Also, tell us a bit more about yourself, and I'm sure folks will respond.

P.S. - it is still early here on the West Coast...

By Tenaciouselle (Tenaciouselle) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 01:51 pm: Edit

I know of several friends who are planning to major in Economics for undergraduate school to go on to business for grad school. I'm not well-versed in all of this, but just letting you know other options.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 02:02 pm: Edit

Your question is so specialized that you may nhot get a lot of answers here because not too many posters may be able to help.

You could try e-mailing the deans of graduate schools of business and asking their advice. You also could get good advice from professors/department chairs in university's business schools.

By Rexxon (Rexxon) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 03:50 pm: Edit

Ok, well let me clarify what I mean. Basically, I am interested in those three degress and would like to study two of them. For grad school, it would be either management or entrepreneurship (advice me there) and for undergraduate it could be any of the three (advice there too). I simply don't know when to take which.

Northstarmom, do you know where I could get some of these e-mail addresses?

By the way, I am a senior from South Dakota accepted to Indiana, Maryland, Boston University, and waiting on a few others.

--------------------Rexxon-----------------------

By Vulcano (Vulcano) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 06:23 pm: Edit

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page