Price is Right: Which Choice do you make?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: March 2004 Archive: Price is Right: Which Choice do you make?
By Jadore (Jadore) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 11:07 pm: Edit

So what do you choose when you see the showcase of lovely prizes:

Amherst
Brown
Dartmouth

No explanation needed. Please vote! Thank you.

By Meredith (Meredith) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 12:07 am: Edit

Interestingly, at the Dartmouth info session, the Admission Officer rather bluntly said that the alums take care of the grads in terms of jobs and careers. In other words, I think he meant that if you go to Dartmouth, you will have a good shot at a high-paying career. If the comfy life post-grad is important to you, I would go to Dartmouth. If a great college life is important to you and you are female or a metrosexual guy, I might go to Brown. I have mixed feelings about Amherst because the Admission Officer went on and on about their desire for racial and socio-economic diversity when the entire room of prospective students was white. My impression was that only rich white legacies would be accepted.

By Meredith (Meredith) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 12:11 am: Edit

Interestingly, at the Dartmouth info session, the Admission Officer rather bluntly said that the alums take care of the grads in terms of jobs and careers. In other words, I think he meant that if you go to Dartmouth, you will have a good shot at a high-paying career. If the comfy life post-grad is important to you, I would go to Dartmouth. If a great college life is important to you and you are female or a metrosexual guy, I might go to Brown. I have mixed feelings about Amherst because the Admission Officer went on and on about their desire for racial and socio-economic diversity when the entire room of prospective students was white. My impression was that only rich white legacies would be accepted.

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 12:15 am: Edit

My vote would truly be Amherst.

By Dartmed (Dartmed) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 08:48 am: Edit

Obviously, Dartmouth!!!

By Jadore (Jadore) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:23 pm: Edit

Thanks for your help. More votes please! Dartmouth Med, what did you enjoy about Dartmouth?

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:26 pm: Edit

Dartmouth. They have the happiest students around.

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 04:57 pm: Edit

Amhersttttttttt

By Anthony (Anthony) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 05:09 pm: Edit

Dartmouth

By Mundanesundays (Mundanesundays) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 08:55 pm: Edit

I personally would choose Brown, but it depends completely on your personality. They're very different schools personality-wise.

By Dartmed (Dartmed) on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Jadore, these 3 colleges are all excellent. Personally, I just like Dartmouth most because I feel the academic environment here is very stimulating!

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 11:50 am: Edit

I'd have to agree with Jamimom and Voigtrob - Amherst would be my personal choice.

By Jadore (Jadore) on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page