>>> EMERGENCY <<<

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: March 2004 Archive: >>> EMERGENCY <<<
By That_Girl (That_Girl) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 02:37 pm: Edit

Does anyone know of ANY schools that are still accepting applications? I'd prefer to go somewhere in California, Florida, or New York, but feel free to suggest ANY schools that you think would accept me.

3.2/3.7
800. 780. 740.
AP: 5, 4, _, _, _.

well-crafted essay about living in different countries.

Thanks so much.

By Tsdad (Tsdad) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 02:50 pm: Edit

Check this thread especially the contribution from MorganTruce:

http://www.collegeconfidential.com/discus/messages/4/44792.html

By Over30 (Over30) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

I checked MorganTruce's list. Not included is the University of Oklahoma = June 1. I certainly think you fit within their criteria. Good luck!

By Reidmc (Reidmc) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:39 pm: Edit

Two of the strongest schools on the MT list are Beloit College, LAC with excellent social sciences (anthropology and psychology in particular) and very good international programs and University of Pittsburgh (solid business school; very good English department; other good deparments too).

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 06:06 pm: Edit

after the main acceptances go out, the Nat'l Assoc. of College Admissions Counselors will maintain a contunually updated list of the colleges which are still accepting applications (this may be the source of MT's list last year). Their website is:
http://www.nacac.com/

Also, go look in the archives for a thread started Apr.16, 2003 by "nocollege" (I think in the parents'forum).

By Aspirer42 (Aspirer42) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 09:09 pm: Edit

You could also look into enrolling at a school starting next spring's semester; if you're still undecided this late in the process, that may be a better option to getting forced into some college you end up hating. Your stats look nice enough that you would have many options available otherwise; don't let time be the only deciding factor.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:44 pm: Edit

i think Pomona (So Cal) is still in rolling admission you might want to check...GOOD LUCK YOU HAVE EXCELLENT SCORES

By Coureur (Coureur) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:18 am: Edit

The deadline for applying to Pomona College was Jan. 2nd. Perhaps you mean Cal Poly Pomona?

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:29 pm: Edit

The University of Redlands in Calif. is still accepting applications - they do rolling admissions. Small LAC outside of Los Angeles.

Others in Calif. that may still be taking applications:
Azuza Pacific, Alliant International, California Lutheran, Concordia University, Loyola Marymount.

A few California State schools are still taking applications - you can find out which ones are at http://www.csumentor.edu/filing_status/
and information about the schools in the system at www.calstate.edu

By Iflyjets (Iflyjets) on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 02:35 pm: Edit

Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL usually has rolling admissions, but I'm not sure how late they accept. Also, check out Flager College in St. Augustine, FL. Others in FL would include Rollins College and Stetson College; I know some students who just applied to both last week, but they may have just hit a deadline.

Your stats will place you well above the average student at these schools, however, and that is something to consider if you desire a rigorour academic experience. if you delayed applying because some circumstance prevented you from doing so (say, health, family reasons, etc...), then you may be able to contact any school in which you have a interest and see if they will take a late application. Couldn't hurt; but your reason should be notable to try this. I would consider this at schools ranked mid-to lower on the list of top 50 as opposed to top 25 schools; but, this may depend on why you are applying late. Good luck.

By That_Girl (That_Girl) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 01:33 pm: Edit

Thanks, guys. Your responses have been really helpful.

Iflyjets- I actually applied to a handful of schools (4) on time, but I'm no longer confident that I'll be accepted to any of them. ((A recent "unlikely" from Wellesley has me all scurred...))

By Iflyjets (Iflyjets) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 03:37 pm: Edit

I understand. The unpredictable nature of this whole process can be so intimidating and seemingly haphazard. Good luck.

By Brownlovespink (Brownlovespink) on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Warren Wilson's deadline is March 15.

By Bentley1472 (Bentley1472) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 09:13 am: Edit

college of charleston's deadline is may 15...if all else fails

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page