Lookin' at 1 more ... maybe 2

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Lookin' at 1 more ... maybe 2
By Crazyandy (Crazyandy) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 06:31 pm: Edit

Hi all! It's been awhile since I have posted anything on the boards (besides the occasional posts on the individual schools ones). I have my college list down to 4 schools and have already submitted my app into 2 of them. So far I have Pitt, Ohio State (instate), Syracuse U, and Virginia Tech. My major would either be biomedical engineering or electrical. I haven't decided yet.

My test scores arent high (i got a 24 the first time and took it again on the 27th and I think I got maybe 2-3 points higher. My GPA is 3.96 and class rank is in the top 8%. My ECs and awards are in the mediocre to above average range. I realize that I am not the best-looking applicant on the market ;-)

I would like to possibly add 1 or 2 more schools to my list. I was thinking of either a private school or cheap state schools (cheap as in about $20,000 or less). We like schools that give good finaid out. Can anyone think of another school or 2 that I should consider? (biomed/electrical engr)

Thanks all!! :)

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 06:54 pm: Edit

Penn State University Park? May be a stretch but has everything you're looking for.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 01:23 pm: Edit

Another possiblity: Purdue.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page