Air Force Academy Grad Taking Questions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Air Force Academy Grad Taking Questions
By Docfrance (Docfrance) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:50 am: Edit

For those interested in the Air Force Academy or if you have questions about its application process, please post your questions here or contact me.
I'm have no official attachment to the Academy anymore, but have a great deal of experience with "Zoomie U" as a grad, former prof (astro engr), parent of a cadet in the Class of 06, brother of a grad who played intercollegiate sports there (football), and former member of a Senator's nominating board. There are a lot of misconceptions out there and I'd just like to clear them up and get the word out about what I consider to be the best education deal & undergrad experience in the US--in a beautiful location, no less. It's not for everyone, but it may be right for many top students out there considering "elite" schools.

Answers to many questions can be found in the "Individual Schools" scetion under "A" for Air Force Academy--questions and answers that have been posted over the last year

By Schallock (Schallock) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 04:23 pm: Edit

Well i'm an appointee to the Air Force Academy for the class of 2008 and I recently broke my leg in the beggining of April. This injury isn't terrible, I will make a full recovery, but the doctor said that I probably will only be jogging by July 1 inprocessing. I'm in good shape, and I should be able to do everything upperbody, and most of the running. So, now I'm waiting to hear back from DoDMERB, and I was wondering if anyone (cadets, former cadets, officers, whoever) knows of any appointees who where hurt this close to BCT (inprocessing July 1) or if anyone has any advice or help I would really appreciate it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page