Any colleges offer a "science writing" program?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Any colleges offer a "science writing" program?
By K2biker (K2biker) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 06:27 pm: Edit

I'm interested in a possible career in science writing and I was wondering if anyone knows of any U.S schools that offer such a program.

By Sac (Sac) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 09:43 pm: Edit

UC Santa Cruz offers a science writing program. But I believe it is post graduate.

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 10:24 pm: Edit

CMU offers what I believe is the best program for undergrads in their school of Humanities and Social Sciences. It is under the English major as Technical Writing.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 01:41 pm: Edit

I believe that UC San Diego also has a technical writing concentration under their English department.

By Sac (Sac) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 02:55 pm: Edit

technical writing and science writing are two different animals. if it's science writing you want, you might just look for a place where you can major in a science and take some journalism courses.

By Jamimom (Jamimom) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 10:09 pm: Edit

Actually the tech writing program at CMU is divided into two sections. One is science writing and the other is more "tech" writing. I suggest anyone interested to look on their website and read the description of this program.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page