Looking to Transfer--Strong Ad./Comm/PR program

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Looking to Transfer--Strong Ad./Comm/PR program
By Cgibson (Cgibson) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 01:20 am: Edit

Hi everyone, I'm currently a sophomore at the University of Delaware. I'm majoring in Comm here but am dissatisfied with my classes due to size (all about 300) and broadness of the program. I'm looking to transfer to another school w/ a strong program in advertising/PR or journalism. Also, I'm trying to find some schools that offer transfer students merit based scholarships. My gpa is a 3.9 and I'm paying almost full tuition to be here. Can anyone offer any suggestions or insight? Thanks!

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 11:15 am: Edit

I transferred to Syracuse University in my junior year for comm/ad/pr and received a very good financial aid package as a transfer. Their program in advertising and pr is excellent and nationally known and having a degree from there has helped throughout my career. The other suggestion would be Boston U. or Northwestern. Good luck.

By Realitycheck66 (Realitycheck66) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 07:29 am: Edit

Try University of Colorado. Good teachers and internships. Grads go everywhere -- print, broadcasting, advertising/PR.

By Cgibson (Cgibson) on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 08:28 pm: Edit

thanks reality--which campus would you recommend?? im familar with the boulder and denver ones...are there any more?? did you go there??

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page