Olin College for Biomed

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Olin College for Biomed
By Jimflan24 (Jimflan24) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 10:33 pm: Edit

I know its new, but does anybody know if their Biomedical Engineering program is supposed to be any good. I got to a math and science magnet school which has very close ties w/ Olin so my chances of getting in are very good, along with the free tuition and good location. So if anybody knows anything, please share. Thank you.

By Chrisd (Chrisd) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 09:03 am: Edit

Olin offers three degrees: Mech. Eng, Electrical Eng., and Engineering. The Engineering program is an umbrella for any other areas--there is no specific biomedical program. My daughter is a student there, and I'm happy to try to answer any questions you might ask.

By Jimflan24 (Jimflan24) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 02:27 pm: Edit

So would you say that you don't recommend it to a student interested in biomedical engineering? I plan on going to graduate school, so if I got a good engineering background (general) and then went to graduate school for biomedical engineering, would that be a good plan?

By Chrisd (Chrisd) on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 03:34 pm: Edit

Sounds like a good plan. I think that's what the "engineering" major is provided for, I imagine a lot of kids will go on to grad school. Olin has a Prospective Students open house scheduled for 10/19, you might want to go. Right now, my daughter is thrilled to be using lathes and a mill on a project.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page