Good Choice College for Communication/Advertising Major

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Good Choice College for Communication/Advertising Major
By Gjn (Gjn) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 01:21 pm: Edit

I live in NJ and a senior in high school. I would like to go into advertising and looking for suggestions on what colleges would be right for me. I have a 3.5 GPA and a 1260 SAT score (April 2003) so far. I will be taking the SAT I test again in Oct. and Nov. hoping to increase it to a 1300 or more. Thanks, Gary

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 02:28 pm: Edit

Syracuse or Boston University would be good possibilities for you. Syracuse has an excellent advertising major in its communications school. NYU and Northwestern would be other choices if you can get your SATs up. If you want a smaller school, try Ithaca College, Quinnipiac, Gettysburg College, Villanova, Fairfield College, or Susquehanna U.

By Tata (Tata) on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 09:45 pm: Edit

hi!. gjn ! i am looking into the same major as urs!!
During my research, i really liked syracuse... AND BU !(for many reasons)
check them out ! u may like them too !

By Uschicka (Uschicka) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 11:15 pm: Edit

If you're looking on the west coast, University of Southern California (USC) has one of the top communications programs. I was actually looking for the exact same thing as you. I'm attending USC now and going to major in comm and minor in advertising.

Pepperdine and San Jose State have advertising majors, and San Diego State has an advertising emphasis.

By Miss_Lady2 (Miss_Lady2) on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 05:30 pm: Edit

I am a senior in high school as well, right now I have a GPA of 3.6, I live in California I have been looking for colleges that have good programs in advertising. so far I am interested in an Advertising Account Assistant, or a Promotion Coordinator. What colleges would be good to go to in Southern California? And what classes might I have to take? Please help.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page