WHICH FOR EARLY!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: WHICH FOR EARLY!!
By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 12:25 pm: Edit

I am having a hard time deciding between Penn school of arts and sciences or Stanford for my early application. I have a better chance at penn I think but I am a legacy at Stanford. Which school is better. Tell me some differences.

By Asallan (Asallan) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 12:55 pm: Edit

ED should be based on the school you want to go to no hands down, not necessarily at boosting your chances.

If you REALLY want to go to Penn, apply early there.

If you REALLY want to go to Stanford, apply early there.

And if you're not really sure which you'd rather go to, are you sure you want to apply ED? Maybe go back and do some more research to see which school is the right one for you. It'd be terrible to be accepted early at a school that was your second choice, and bound you to go there. Prestige is a bad reason to pick, so find out what school suits your needs best. Do your homework and be happy.

By Soozievt (Soozievt) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 03:52 pm: Edit

I agree with everything the last person said in their response. Also, isn't Stanford EA this year? If so, that is a way for someone who is not positive, such as you, to apply early. You could apply early there but not have to committ and then apply RD to Penn and make your mind up later in spring (assuming you got into both).
Good luck....Susan

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page