Engineering Schools?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Engineering Schools?
By Sp_Guy (Sp_Guy) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 01:54 am: Edit

I am a strong student looking for an ivy level college education in mechanical engineering. As of now my top four choices (in order) are: Stanford, MIT, Caltech, and Columbia. My slight Fallback is USC and I will probably also ably to a fallback in the NW since that is where I am from. Any input on engineering schools?

By Uschicka (Uschicka) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 01:47 pm: Edit

Cal Poly is not considered an "ivy" school, but they have one of the best engineering schools in the nation, and is really respected- one of the top public schools in Cali and extremely competitive.

By Erics (Erics) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 03:26 pm: Edit

Iím currently a sophomore ME major at NJIT. I have a 3.8 gpa, and I am enrolled in the honors college. Iíve already spent one summer interning for an engineering firm in NYC. I am looking to transfer to a better school, and one with a better social life. Money is somewhat of an issue. I would like to stay on the east coast but Iím willing to consider schools anywhere. Iíd like to know what schools anyone can recommend, hopefully ones that will take some of my NJIT credits. Thanks

By Arthurd (Arthurd) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 04:17 pm: Edit

I'm a Freshman EE major @ RIT. The academics here are great, and definitely a great way to spend college tuition. A friend of mine here took some courses @ NJIT and received credit for all of them. As far as social life goes, before arriving @ RIT I heard so much about social live sucking here, but honestly it seems like it's pretty good to me. Depends what you like I guess. Anyway, there's a suggestion. Good Luck!

By Chrisd (Chrisd) on Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 04:42 pm: Edit

Look at Olin College of Engineering, in Boston.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page