Is Applying to 10 universities too many?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Is Applying to 10 universities too many?
By Highschoolda (Highschoolda) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 08:57 pm: Edit

I don't know where i will get in cause my stats are very border-line-ish.

I plan to apply to

1. UCLA
2. UCB
3. UCI
4. UCSD
5. UCD
6. UCSB
7. USC
8. UOP
9. Cal Poly SLO
10. SCUN

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 09:58 pm: Edit

No, ten is not too many

By Xtech (Xtech) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 11:04 pm: Edit

10 is slightly above average. It's the max I would probably apply to.

By Sp_Guy (Sp_Guy) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 01:23 am: Edit

how much is the average for how many colleges one applies to?

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 02:59 am: Edit

10 is slightly too many but because 6 of your 10 are UCs that isn't so bad because you only have to fill out one application.

By Uschicka (Uschicka) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 01:45 pm: Edit

I applied at nine colleges (including UCB, UCSB, USC, and Cal Poly), so to me I don't think that's bad. Part of the reason I applied to so many is because I had about three for sure safeties, which is more than I lot of people do. I think if you are sure you have safeties in your list, then 10 is fine. I'm personally rooting for you to choose USC (because I go there and love it), Cal Poly (because my sister goes there and loves it), or UOP (because I'm from Stockton and love it)!!!! Good luck in finding the school that's for you!

By Freak4korn72 (Freak4korn72) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 06:32 pm: Edit

Not wanting to leave California I take it?

So far I've only sent out 1 application which has got lost somewhere. Stupid counselors. I'm going to give it another week so Purdue wouldve had 3 weeks go process it just incase they had *so many* applications. But somehow them not having it and my counselors not remembering me bringing it to them scares me.

I'm going to apply at University of Dayton as well. I am pretty much sure that i'll be accepted there as my SAT scores are in the top 25% and I have family out the wazoo that went there.

I'm also thinking of applying to a couple harder schools to get into like Stanford, but I havent taken the SAT 2 so im not sure if I should apply or not -- the only way I see myself getting in is if I could raise my score to some insane amount like you all have

So im sending out a definate 2 as of now, and quite possibly 3 more. 1 safety, 2 matches, and 1 reach im guessing. To much for application fees :)

By Bft (Bft) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 07:41 pm: Edit

I would really get the hell out of California if I had the chance now.

By Cmaher (Cmaher) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 10:53 pm: Edit

All UCs are on one application

you just check boxes for which schools you want to look at it

By Alex00087 (Alex00087) on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 11:34 am: Edit

But remember, I think my admissions counselor said that when you apply for financial aid in Jan. you can only put down 6 schools on it. So put down the most expensive schools, or the schools you are sure you would get in.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page