Interested in music....

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Interested in music....
By Roxychick776 (Roxychick776) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 06:16 pm: Edit

I want to go to a really good school (just a notch below the ivies), and I want to major in either econ or finance. The thing is that I really am interested in music, and I want to be able to study it and join the school's choral program, even though I'm majoring in something completely different. which schools will provide me with what i want?

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 08:39 pm: Edit

St. Olaf

By Roxychick776 (Roxychick776) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 12:59 am: Edit

bump

By Rosiebabe5 (Rosiebabe5) on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 02:23 am: Edit

Hey Roxy, I'm in the same position. Some schools that you might be interested in are Rice, Vanderbilt, WUSTL, and College of William and Mary. Northwestern has great music, but I am pretty sure that you cannot cross register into their music school. St. Olaf is good for music, like Geniusash said, but that is probably a safety for you. I would be interested in hearing what else you are looking at, since I'm in the same boat!

By Pookdogg (Pookdogg) on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 12:11 pm: Edit

USC has a great music program, and they aren't nearly as hard to get into as the Ivy Leagues. Their econ dept leaves a little to be desired, though...

By Polly (Polly) on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 11:25 am: Edit

How about UC Berkeley? I heard the music program there is also good.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page