Best Pre Med Program

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Best Pre Med Program
By Quain (Quain) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 09:20 am: Edit

Hi,
What schools have the best pre-med programs?

By Brown_Man (Brown_Man) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 10:52 am: Edit

brown... yay

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:41 am: Edit

From "The College Finder" - here is a list of schools that guarantee medical school admission to well-qualified students :
University of Akron
Boston U
Brown U
UCLA
UC Riverside
Case Western Reserve
Drew
Fisk
GWU
Illinois Inst. of Technology
Kent State - Ohio
Lehigh
U of Miami
U of Michigan - Ann Arbor
SUNY Binghamtom
NYU
Northwestern
Penn State
RPI
Rice U
U of Rochester
Rutgers
USC
Union College
Villanova
Stephens Institute of Technology

Others that are excellent not on this list include: Johns Hopkins, Bowdoin, Grinnell, Boston College, Bates, Bryn Mawr, Bucknell, UCBerkeley, UC SD, CArleton, Colgate, Dickinson, Cornell, Dartmouth, Davidson, Duke, Emory, Kenyon, Whitman, Lawrence, Pomona, Reed, Princeton

By Haon (Haon) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 01:31 pm: Edit

That list is not that accurate... rutgers, U miami, and many others do not really have that wonderful pre-med programs.

Among LACs, Williams, Middlebury and Amherst all have wonderful med school acceptance rates

By Sunshine916 (Sunshine916) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 04:04 pm: Edit

i think by U of Akron and Kent State in Ohio, shes referring to the NEOUCOMM program, which is a 6 year medical program where you are accepted into med school when u accepted into undergrad and take classes every summer.

good program...maybe not of a great caliber.

CWRU has a good pre-med and has guaranteed admissions into med school for the elite students :)

By Kwyjibo86 (Kwyjibo86) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 05:34 pm: Edit

would holy cross be on that list?

By Tennizpro06 (Tennizpro06) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 06:27 pm: Edit

There's a difference between Pre-Med and combined programs. I think some might be confused because the list Carolyn gave seemed really similar for BA/MD programs. For pre-med, I'd say Cornell by far has the best rep. Definitely one of the hardest anywhere.

By Polly (Polly) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 06:29 pm: Edit

How about UCB?

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

Every one is correct -the list I gave is from the college finder book and as I said above it lists schools that have combined MD/BA programs and accelerated programs - if you get into these programs, you're guaranteed to get into their med school. I was just reporting from the list in the book. : )but that's why I included some other schools down below.

By Mgss (Mgss) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 12:07 pm: Edit

Hi Readers,
I am a senior in High School. I want to get into 6 or 7 year guranteed med program but my SAT score is only 1220 and SAT II are 620 and 610. I am now taking ACT just to see how well I do there. I want a school in New York state area because I am a NY state resident. If you know any school in NY state area where they have pre-med 7 year program, let me know. I would really appreciate yoru help.
Thank you!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page