How would you rank these colleges?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: How would you rank these colleges?
By Collegesurfrgrl (Collegesurfrgrl) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 11:09 pm: Edit

Which are the best colleges for pre-med? Can you help me by putting them in order of the best? Boston University, Pennsylvannia State University, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, University of Dallas, University of Evansville, Purdue, University of Texas, University of Texas at Arlington and Hawaiian Pacific University. Thanks!

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 11:22 pm: Edit

I'd say BU, Texas A&M, Purdue and Penn State would be the best on your list. Hawaiian Pacific, University of Evansville towards the bottom. U of Dallas is a good school but not as strong in sciences as it is in humanities/social sciences.

If you're looking in Texas, I'd suggest you check into Trinity University and Southwestern U - both have very good pre-med/science programs and a good track record of their students getting into med school.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:05 pm: Edit

I was wrong. I noticed today that U of Dallas is listed on two different lists I have as being good for premed. In fact, the Fiske Guide says bio is very strong there. Just wanted to correct what I said. Sorry!

By Anonymoussparty (Anonymoussparty) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 09:52 am: Edit

I would add Michigan State University to your list. Boston, TAMU and Purdue are great schools, but if you're up for living in the Midwest i.e Purdue I'd definitely add Michigan State, especially with the Honors College scholarship to outstanding out of state students andthe fact that you can do research your freshman year itself like I did.

By Zevdebee (Zevdebee) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 07:34 pm: Edit

Thanks.... will there be something to click on to put in our info when its ready or sumthing?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page