Best Undergrad for Communications?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Best Undergrad for Communications?
By Jeannie86 (Jeannie86) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 08:26 pm: Edit

hey guys,
what are the best undergrad communications schools? best networking connections?

how are NYU and BU in the field?

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 09:25 pm: Edit

Both NYU and BU are top notch for communications. I'd add the following schools to the list of top undergraduate communications schools: Syracuse, Northwestern, University of Southern California,U Maryland-College Park, U of Missouri-Columbia, UNC Chapel Hil, Ithaca College, Pepperdine, Emerson, Duke.

Other schools worth looking at for communications: American U, UCLA, Gettysburg, U of Miami, Southwestern (TX), STanford, Trinity (TX), Villanova, Fairfield U., San Diego State University, Santa Clara U, Susquehanna U., Washington State, Muhlenberg, U of Oregon, U of Pittsburgh, Fordham, Loyola (MD), Loyola Marymount (Calif). U Penn also has a political communications major.

By Jeannie86 (Jeannie86) on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 09:40 pm: Edit

how competitive is the admissions into the BU and NYU programs? i have a perfect gpa but my SAT is around 1200..im retaking in oct.

what would you consider a safety school? i am in california by the way.

thanks.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 04:21 pm: Edit

I'd say BU would be a match for you with your stats. You'd also be a match at Syracuse. NYU would probably be a low reach with your SATs for communications. A good safety: Ithaca

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page