Cornell schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Cornell schools
By Turbofan15 (Turbofan15) on Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 08:05 pm: Edit

Is it easier to get into arts and sciences or the agriculture school for out of state applicants?

By Homehill (Homehill) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 10:00 am: Edit

No definite answer! A&S definitely even-handed as to where you are from, tho it's a harder school to get into than Ag. HOWEVER, stats show 60% of admitees for Ag are from NY (down from about 75% ten years ago). They DO reserve percentage of spots for NYers, but the big question is what % of applicants are from out of state.

ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER?

Remember, for NYers, tuition at AG is substantially less, therefor you might get 60 or even more % of applicants from NY.

By Sunshine916 (Sunshine916) on Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 10:54 am: Edit

i visited cornell this summer and asked the admissions officer that question. he told me there are no quotas for the ag&life science school and that out-of-staters are NOT put at a disadvantage when applying. i still dont quite believe it though.

however, looking at the class profile of 2007 i got at my visit, the acceptance rate for CALS is only 1% higher than CAS. that said, its negligible. apply to the one that you think will best fit your needs...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page