The University of the Pacific

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: The University of the Pacific
By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 10:52 am: Edit

I know there are several people on CC who are planning to apply to the University of the Pacific so thought I'd list this information separately. UOP was number 30 out of 50 on a list of "great deals at great schools" in this week's issue of US News & World Report. The list was compiled as a ratio of quality to price: US News took the school's overall rating and divided it by the cost to a student receiving financial aid.

For UOP, the percentage receiving need based grants was 67%. The average cost of tuition after receiving a need based grant was 16,625 - a 51% discount.

Nice to see a less-well-known school like UOP on a list that includes schools like Princeton, Harvard, Rice, etc. If you're in need of financial aid, UOP sounds like a good choice.

By Uschicka (Uschicka) on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 04:54 pm: Edit

I lived in Stockton (where UOP is) my entire life before leaving for college. It is a beautiful campus with an amazing academic reputation. It is greatly respected in my area, as well as everywhere else.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page