Good Pre-law in Southeast/midwest?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Good Pre-law in Southeast/midwest?
By Alliewallace (Alliewallace) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 11:09 pm: Edit

So, I'm a decent student with a 3.5, strong course load and a 28 on the ACTs, and lots of XC's. Where is a good college that can give me a jump off for law school? It could be strong journalism, strong pre-law, strong criminal justice, it doesn't matter. Something to get me started for a career as a trial lawyer. Looking for decent-sized schools in the Virginias, Carolinas, Kentucky, Ohio, Georgia, somewhere like that. PLEASE HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO! Thank you ALL!

By Batman (Batman) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 12:17 am: Edit

Try the College of Wooster. They do not have a Pre-law program per se, but they really place an emphasis on critical thinking and writing skills so their graduates tend to do exceptionally well in law school. The required Independent Study project (Senior capstone thesis) is extremely well regarded among law schools.

UVA and William and Mary also offer great preparation for law school in my opinion.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 10:54 am: Edit

In addition to the College of Wooster (great school), also look at these schools in the midwest:
Kenyon, Lawrence University, Denison, Hendrix.

In the mid-atlantic, look at Rhodes College in Tn.

In Texas, look at Trinity University and Southwestern University.

By Batman (Batman) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 03:41 pm: Edit

I second Carolyn's list as well.

By Giants (Giants) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 08:05 pm: Edit

Since when is Memphis, TN in the Mid-Atlantic?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page