Alfred University

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Alfred University
By Wintermom (Wintermom) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 09:40 pm: Edit

Does anyone have information about this school? Has anyone visited? Is it liberal or conservative? Give me all you've got, it would be much appreciated.

By Argilospsychi (Argilospsychi) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 03:34 am: Edit

CERAMICS HEAVEN

the harvard of the ceramics art world
However, I think the ceramic arts program is probably even harder to get into.

It's located in podunk USA though.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 10:51 am: Edit

In addition to ceramics, Alfred has decent programs in business administration, computer science, English, and History. They also have a school of engineering. According to the Kaplan Guide, Alfred is a friendly school with small class sizes. Tuition is relatively low for the Northeast. Cooperative education is a big part of the school's academic philosophy with students in all majors taking 5-8 month coop work study. The campus is beautiful but as the previous poster mentioned, in the middle of no where. School tries to make up for its isolated location by bringing lots of activities to campus.

By Wintersoul (Wintersoul) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 08:10 pm: Edit

Thanks you two! Has anyone actually visited? I'd love to know more about the college's atmosphere.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 11:29 am: Edit

I visited many, many years ago so I don't know that my visit would help - at that time, it was a very pretty campus. At that time, it was also quite a party school.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page