Good for Math, Not impossible to get into...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: Good for Math, Not impossible to get into...
By Mo222 (Mo222) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 07:24 pm: Edit

I am looking for a college that is:

- good for math majors, lots of classes to take
- not impossible to get into but still in top 50
- a school that has classes in subjects other than math/science

By Mo222 (Mo222) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 01:51 pm: Edit

bump

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 02:37 pm: Edit

Carleton, Reed, Holy Cross, Kenyon, Bowdoin, Bucknell, Occidental, Renseselaer Polytechnic Institute, St. Olaf, Tulane, Union, Wake Forest, Wesleyan, Whitman, Willamette, the College of Wooster, Grinnell --- all have great math departments and match your other desires as well.

By Batman (Batman) on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 04:52 pm: Edit

Virginia Tech comes to mind....

By Obh100 (Obh100) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 01:37 am: Edit

Penn State University, good math department, top 50, not hard to get into at University Park...

By B18c1cx (B18c1cx) on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 09:57 am: Edit

RPI and VT are perfect!

By Anonymoussparty (Anonymoussparty) on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 01:40 pm: Edit

I would recommend Michigan State, they offer not just math but the computational and industrial math degrees. I think its top 40 or 30 depending on who you ask, and not impossible to get into. However, getting a 1400+ SAT and good GPA helps your chances of getting into the MSU Honors College and receive a lot of benefits, including paid research opportunities your freshman year itself.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page