European schools that offer scholarships to Americans

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: September 2003 Archive: European schools that offer scholarships to Americans
By Metacomrobotron (Metacomrobotron) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 11:09 pm: Edit

Hello,
I was wondering if there are any European colleges or universities where courses are taught in English, that offer substantial financial aid or scholarships to American students.
Ideally, I'd like to study in Britain, but it doesn't seem as though any schools there are willing to offer any financial aid/scholarships to Americans. Is this an accurate conclusion?

Last question:
If I apply to a school like Oxford, where I'm reading for a specific subject (in my case, English), should I obtain recommendations from only English/arts teachers?

Thank you!

By Arealtexan (Arealtexan) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 09:36 am: Edit

Don't know about the financial aid/scholarships. It is highly unlikely that any do.

And to the second question: an unambiguous no.

By Alita (Alita) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 04:09 pm: Edit

U. durham offers a 2000 pound schol. to int students, but i dont know how difficult it is to get the scholarship.

By Metacomrobotron (Metacomrobotron) on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 09:39 pm: Edit

Thank you for your responses.

Alita, do you know where I can find some information on that scholarship? I've been looking all over the Durham website (it's my first choice) and I haven't had any luck. Thanks.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page