Which college should i choose?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: May 2003 Archive: Which college should i choose?
By Some_Guy (Some_Guy) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 09:18 pm: Edit

Believe it or not, I am a senior in high school and I'm still deciding on which college to go to. I have deposited to two colleges. The problem is that one college has good and challenging academics, along with good extracurricular activities and sports. The other college also has good and challenging academics, but absolutely no social atmosphere and very few activities.

Is it easy to get a 3.3 GPA or higher, while still having a good social life? Do you usually study on the weekends?

Which college should I choose? List your college and major. Explain how challenging your workload is (also how many classes you are taking right now), how much time "homework" usually takes every day, and how much of a social life you have.

By Dream5 (Dream5) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 09:44 pm: Edit

I think you should mention which schools they are.

By Some_Guy (Some_Guy) on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 12:13 am: Edit

One is Purdue University and the other is St. Louis College of Pharmacy

By Uncchlocalmayor (Uncchlocalmayor) on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 09:54 am: Edit

yes, you will have to study on weekends in college. typically spend twice as much time outside of class doing hw compared to the time spent in class--just a rule of thumb. so a 15 credit hour load=roughly a 30 hour load of hw per week. i never follow that rule, but it's just what i've been told.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page