Eenee meenee minee mo....harvard or princeton? plus others..

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: May 2003 Archive: Eenee meenee minee mo....harvard or princeton? plus others..
By Almostdone (Almostdone) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 04:56 pm: Edit

hi u guys
im a junior, so i guess i'll be starting this crazy college application process soon.

I was just wondering, if i were going to apply ED/EA, which one should i apply to - Harvard or Princeton?
i am thinking of doing premed, and i'm not sure i will have a chance to visit and properly get a feeling of the atmosphere of all the colleges i want to apply to. i had my mind set on harvard until many people told me that harvard is full of rich snobs? well of course that is a huge generalization, but is there some factual basis, or are the other people just jealous? does princeton have a better undergrad program? is princeton worth it, esp when its in the middle of NJ and harvard is in boston? is it easier to get into harvard or princeton with ed/ea? (i know both are VERY hard, and i have no legacies with either).

also, in addition to harvard and princeton, any info on some of the following schools?
(how are their premed programs, how prestigious are they, how hard is college life, how tough is admissions, is it a LOT more advantageous to apply ed/ea, which is the best over all in your opinion?)
JHU
Cornell
Yale
U of Mich
U of Chicago
U of Rochester
NYU
Colgate
Bucknell

Finally, what are some good+prestigious(im sorry, but prestige matters to me. i know im shallow.) schools known for premed, that are not quite as competetive as the ivies? exactly how competetive are these other schools?
thanks for reading this long post!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page