UNC Chapel Hill or Univ. of Virginia?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: May 2003 Archive: UNC Chapel Hill or Univ. of Virginia?
By Midnightdanzer (Midnightdanzer) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 03:16 pm: Edit

UNC CH or UVA which do you think is better and why?

By Cutiebiz (Cutiebiz) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 06:49 pm: Edit

UVA...because everyone seems more down to earth there and its a prettier campus, and...hell, they're basically the same, except UVa's better.

By Uncchlocalmayor (Uncchlocalmayor) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 09:01 pm: Edit

UNC CH because we can actually beat Duke in basketball.

By Specialbob (Specialbob) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 09:08 pm: Edit

Well, I would have to say the same thing, except with your schools switched around. I'd say UNC's the better one to go with but then again I can't say I'm unbiased. Either way they're pretty much the same thing, both being among the top public universities in the country. It really depends on what you want personally in a university; I agree that UVA has a prettier campus, but I'd say that UNC has a more fun and exciting atmosphere. And of course, being in- or out-of-state changes things a little; Carolina accepts fewer out-of-state students, while Virginia's out-of-state students pay a higher ratio of tuition versus in-state (their tuition's slighty higher anyway). If you're from either North Carolina or Virginia I'd say go to your state's school, but if you're not from either state or tuition/acceptance rate doesn't bother you I'd stick with UNC.

By Specialbob (Specialbob) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 09:12 pm: Edit

Oh yeah, and like Uncchlocalmayor said, if you care about basketball, come to UNC; UNC basketball's a damn religion around here.

By Divingin (Divingin) on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 03:37 am: Edit

they're both great ... i'm sure you won't regret whichever one you choose

By Lethalfang (Lethalfang) on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 04:19 am: Edit

Yeah, but UVa football can beat the crap out of UNC-CP, and Duke will be so afraid they'll just run away.

By Liz (Liz) on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 10:21 pm: Edit

Who cares about football?
Anyone who's anyone in the ACC area knows it's about all about basketball

By Uncchlocalmayor (Uncchlocalmayor) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 06:59 pm: Edit

Specialbob, I attend UNC :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page