B.Sc. or B.Eng.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: May 2003 Archive: B.Sc. or B.Eng.
By Ubaid_In (Ubaid_In) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 01:50 pm: Edit

Please help in choosing one of the below options :

- go to a famous university giving me 90% aid, reaserch facilities but B.Sc. major
OR
- to go to a very ordinary university but B.Eng. major and no aid or research facilities.

Please remember one thing that B.Sc. is a three year course and B.Eng. is a four year course. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

By Creatorcat (Creatorcat) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 02:55 pm: Edit

go to a famous university, take 90% aid, reaserch facilities and B.Sc. major- or just do whatever your heart tells you is right.

B.Sc. are good studies, unless you are really aiming for engineering... what good is to study eng if there are no research possibilities? also, you'll have the opportunity to enroll into grad studies a year earlier... and that shouldn't be a difficult thing after having undergrad degree from a top university, plus, you'll do research for 3 yrs and save the money for excellent grad. studies..

I would go for the first option, definitelly, but this is merely my opinion. Again, just do what you feel you'd be happier with!

best of luck!

By Brd (Brd) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 04:31 pm: Edit

...and save the money for excellent grad. studies..

Eh, any excellent grad program in science will financially support its grad students through TA positions, Fellowships, GRA's and tuition and fee remission. I'm going to a great grad school and I'm broke. :)

By Drusba (Drusba) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 06:17 pm: Edit

I guess my questions are: (a) what do you mean by B.SC. and B.Eng (b)Why is the B.Sc. only a three year program since colleges in the US are all 4 year?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page