Colorado Setting the best choice?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: May 2003 Archive: Colorado Setting the best choice?
By Vixen03 (Vixen03) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 03:21 pm: Edit

Hi, I am a senior in a school in Puerto Rico and English is my second language! I applied to Carnegie Mellon, Florida State, NYU and Universiry of Colorado at Boulder. I was accepted in all Universities and am now in the confirmation period of my applications. You see, I want to study arts... and I know that CMU is probably the best University on my list, but I really don't want to attend an urban university and the same goes with NYU. Although they are they best, I'm really scared of what I call "party schools" they are just not my scene. Coming from Puerto Rico, people would argue that Florida is the best University since it resembles the climate of my island, and lets be frank, I would die of cold either in Colorado, PA or NY. But I don't know if that is the most important thing. I really don't know what to base my desicions on. So far, my heart is set on Colorado because its in the mountains, secluded and one of the most beautiful campuses I have ever seen. Its not a party university at all, its more serene. What do you think I should base my decisions on?

By Midnightdanzer (Midnightdanzer) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 08:35 pm: Edit

Colorado is gorgeous...go where you will be most comfortable

I just don't know how Univ Col. Boulder is in the arts ...

By Divingin (Divingin) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 07:34 am: Edit

where you think you'll be challenged the most- academically, personally, athletically (if that has any effect) etc

By Calebj (Calebj) on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 12:38 am: Edit

DUDE......Colorado is an amazingly huge party school. Dont get it twisted man..My friend es there and he tells me that they party like HELL.

By Rosejones (Rosejones) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 06:08 pm: Edit

i live in colorado and know a lot of kids who go to CU. its in a great town (boulder) but it is definitely a big party school....i dont know much about their arts programs, which leads me to believe they are probably pretty mediocre. if the arts program is important to you, go with NYU.

By Princezaki (Princezaki) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:04 am: Edit

I just finished my first(& last) year at CU. The campus is amazing, the Flatiron (mountian) views are breathtaking absolutly every time I see them...and I'm from Denver! I won't lie to you, I don't think that there is a bigger party school in the country, and if there is I feel so sorry for their administrators. The arts at CU are sadly very mediocre, but as with every other major at CU, you get out what you put into it, so you could still get far coming from CU. Lastly, like I said, I'm from Denver...the cold SUCKS, if that is an important factor than run away now, otherwise if you think you can handle the cold and a bunch of drunken/stoned mediocre students, than welcome to Boulder!

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 10:02 am: Edit

"I know that CMU is probably the best University on my list, but I really don't want to attend an urban university and the same goes with NYU. Although they are they best, I'm really scared of what I call "party schools"

Vixen, are you under the impression that Carnegie Mellon and NYU are party schools? Because I think the opposite is true. In particular, Carnegie Mellon for engineering would be more like a "stone cold sober" school.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page