Panicked Parents' Guide to College Admissions -
Table of Contents
by Sally Rubenstone, Sidonia Dalby
1. All in the Family: Decisions and Dynamics
How Involved Should Parents Be in the College Selection Process?
Self-Assessment Survey for Parents
Self-Assessment Survey for Students
2. Matchmaking, Matchmaking: Choosing the "Right" College
"What Kind of School Am I?"
How many colleges to apply to?
Identifying "Target" Colleges Using Publications
Comparing and Contrasting
Getting Guidance: Public and Private School Counselors Independent Counselors
3. Testing, Testing
SAT I and II
The ACT Assessment
Preparing for Standardized Tests
4. Finding Out More: Campus Visits, Interviews, College Fairs & Reps
When to Visit Interviews
When You Can't Get to Campus Drawing Conclusions
5. Money Matters: Financial Planning and Financial Aid
Estimating College Costs Applying for Financial Aid
Tips for Applying for Financial Aid
Helpful Financing Resources
6. Pushing Papers: The Application Itself
Different Decision Plans
Which Application Do We Use?
General Application Tips
Tips for Tackling Specific Application Sections
The Almighty Essay
Recommendations, Supporting Materials, Optional Information
7. How Admission Decisions are Made
Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?
8. We're In-We're Out-What Now? After Decision Letters are Received
Wait Lists Not Getting In Anywhere
Not Wanting to Go Where Accepted Campus Security Planning to Transfer
9. Special Situations
Early Enrollment, Early Entrance
Post-Graduate (PG) Year
Students with Disabilities and Special Needs
10. Words of Wisdom: Advice from Parents
Checklist/Calendar for Parents
Web-Site Ready Reference
Shop for this title at Amazon!